Hearing loss and Deaf individuals of all ages are able to communicate and "hear" better than ever in the hearing world today.
There are various means by which to communicate and "hear". It is an individual choice as to what works best with no two hearing loss stories being the same. Regardless, there are many asking about hearing loss and their options today.
This is your chance for hearing and hearing loss alike to join us in the 2017 Let's Make Hearing Loss Visible in Florida Campaign. Various hearing loss factors will be addressed over the next twelve months to discuss and share as noted below.
- January: CART, Looping and T-coils! Share your stories!
- February: Lipreading and Sign Language
- March: Cochlear Implants and Hearing Aids
- April: Legislative Outreach
- May: Hearing Loss Awareness Month
- June: National HLAA and the 2017 HLAA Convention
- July: Protect Your Ears so You Can Hear!
- August: Alternate Hearing Loss Venue Outreach and Appreciation
- September: Assisted Listening Devices
- October: Hearing Loss Volunteer Outreach
- November: Holiday's and Hearing Loss/Walk4Hearing!
- December: Blessings and Sharing - Giving Back this Holiday
Everyone is welcome to share material, stories, pictures, videos, reviews and more as it relates to the respective topic of the month. Or simply stay tuned and visit the hlaa-fl.org website to learn more.
Approved material will be displayed on the HLAA-Florida website, facebook page and via the newsletter. Chapters and Support Groups, HLAA members and others will have the option to share this valuable information in their respective communities throughout Florida. Together, we can make a difference!
Click here today and share: email@example.com.
Shaking the HLAA Convention up for 2017!
2017 State Board Meetings
The Lakeland Speech and Hearing Center graciously agreed to support the HLAA-FL State Association meetings through 2017 free of charge. The high tech meeting room comes complete with loop and screens on both sides of meeting area for CART.
Guests are welcome from 1:30 to 3:00. Please email in advance should you wish to attend. For those further away, the State Association is working to identify options to allow others to engage from around the state without having to travel. Until that time, please notify the State Board of any questions, suggestions or request to present something to the Board by way of email to firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you in advance for your continued support. May 2017 be the year Florida can hear about hearing loss!