1239 West Del Webb Blvd
Sun City Center, Florida 33573
- HLAA SCC Chapter meeting date: Tuesday, December 19, 2017
- Location: St. Andrew Presbyterian Church, 1239 Del Webb Blvd., SCC, FL 33573
- Program presentation 9:45 am; Coffee/Social after presentation.
- No RSVP is required. Any Questions? contact Bill D. at 813.951.7193
Speaker: David Croxton, Active in our HLAA Chapter/Steering Committee David Croxton became a hearing loss advocate in 1977 after being exposed to gunfire with unprotected ears. As a member of the Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA), he took their HAT training course. His motivation for doing so was to educate, inform and motivate others to take charge of their hearing health.
David’s “HEARING ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY (HAT) THAT GO BEYOND HEARING AIDS ALONE” presentation today at St. Andrew will include:
- Statistics gained from John Hopkins Research
- Overview of T-Coils, Hearing Loops, Listening systems, and more
- Introduction to some Hearing Assistive Technologies
Our chapter (HLAA-SCC) is supported by the Men’s Club of SCC and through an Interfaith Social Action Council of SCC grant. All chapter meetings are captioned and looping is available.Richard Herring, President HLAA Sun City Center Chapter www.hlaascc.com