Chapter Officers/Leaders – Register today for Discounted Rate!
What is New for 2017!
- The opening night Get Acquainted Party will take place at the CaptionCall headquarters in Salt Lake City and include dinner, entertainment, raffles and tours of the call center.
- NEW! Friday night Awards followed by the new Talent event, HLAA Stars Come Out. Interested in performing after the award presentations? Simply send a short video (MP4) of yourself telling a joke, singing a song, playing an instrument, doing a jig, or performing a magic trick…you get the idea! The top ten auditions will be invited to compete during the Stars Come Out talent show. Attendees will vote for their favorite act via the mobile Convention app; the winner will be the opening act for Gael Hannan’s production Huh? Life with a Cranky Cochlea on Saturday evening. Send your audition video via email (or Dropbox) to Nancy Macklin at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 15.
- NEW! Sunday (remember - no awards breakfast - awards take place Friday evening as noted above!) will be available for optional tours – more information coming soon about tours and an opportunity to see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. You will want to take some time to see Salt Lake City and the surrounding area – breathtaking!
- Educational workshops will focus on: advocacy; hearing assistive technology (HAT); and cochlear implants and hearing aids; and communication. In addition, there will be a Hearing Loop track offered on Friday and Saturday.
- Early-bird registration will open November 1 and close March 31, 2017
- The name of the event – HLAA2017 Convention Add a hashtag and you have the start of a tweet! #HLAA2017 is the official Convention hashtag on Twitter.